Last week I was awarded the Award of the Versatile Blogger from two outstanding translators, Catherine Christaki (@linguagreca) and Ewa Erdmann (@transliteria). Catherine is one of the authors of Adventures in Freelance Translation and Ewa writes in Transliteria. Articles written by these two ladies are very interesting and provide advice for any new and experienced translator. I am honored to have been nominated by these extraordinary professionals!
And so, true to form, here we go!
Official rules of the award
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to maximum 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven things about me
- I studied and lived in the UK for ten years in total. After completing my MA in Translation Studies at the University of Warwick, I worked for IBM and ExxonMobil.
- I lived in Stockholm (Sweden) for 6 months and for another 6 months in Freiburg (Germany).
- I love my job.
- Sometimes, I forget to eat while working.
- I cannot watch a movie unless I speak the language it was filmed in.
- All my worries mysteriously disappear when I go shopping!
- I cannot lie.
I nominate these blogs for the Versatile Award:
- http://www.globaltolocallanguagesolutions.com, Grace B, @globaltolocal
- http://ableinnovationsblog.com, @ABLEInnovations
- Acgtranslation Dr Aga Gordon @acgtranslation
- Swedish Translation Services Tess Whitty @Tesstranslates
- The translation business Paul Sulzberger @PaulEdgar1
- Language and Travel Natali Lekka @natalilekka